Starting at Cedars Park Primary School
We know that starting school is an important decision for families and to this end we place great value on the transition process.
If your child is joining Reception, we will:
- Conduct a home visit so they can get to know us, show us their home and toys, and we can get to know your family
- Visit them at their preschool setting, so we can meet their key workers and see how they interact in their usual environment
- Invite them to various sessions in the Summer Term, so they can become familiar with their new school and teachers
- Invite them to transition sessions, so they can meet their new friends
- Invite you to an Induction Evening and Open Evening so that parents/carers understand how Reception works and how to prepare your child for school
- Invite families into regular share sessions, so you can see how your child is getting on
- Transfer files from Tapestry or other learning journey providers, so we have a clear picture of your child's development before they join us
- Keep you regularly updated with your child's learning through weekly skills and observations
Applications for Reception school places are due to be made by 15th January 2024. With this in mind, we are offering parents the opportunity to have a look around our school and meet the Reception team.
The dates for these visits are as follows:
- THURSDAY 2ND NOVEMBER - 18:00 - 19:00
- WEDNESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER - 09:00 - 11:00
- WEDNESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER - 18:00 - 19:00
- THURSDAY 9TH NOVEMBER - 09:00 - 11:00
There will be a tour of the school along with a short presentation, so please come for the start of the session.
If you have further queries about the events, then please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Please book your attendance here:
If your child joins us mid-year, we will:
- Invite you as a family for a school tour to familiarise yourselves with the school
- Conduct a meeting with their new class teacher, so they can learn about your family and child's needs
- Liaise with their old school so that we fully understand their learning needs and how best to support them
Please see admissions for more information or contact the school office to arrange a tour.