Cedars Park Primary School
No limit to learning
Motor Co-ordination Difficulties/ Dyspraxia
- Allow children to use a word processor to complete some written tasks. If they can’t type, encourage them to learn, so that they are able to use a Word Processor with more speed and fluency.
- Offer routines and structure
- Create a quiet space for them to learn with no distractions.
- Give them something to fiddle with whilst you are talking to them or you want them to focus. It can also be helpful to let them move around whilst they listen.
- Ask them to do one task at a time
- Provide checklists or visual timetables to support organisation.
- Use timers to help with time management and build in frequent movement breaks.
- Play lots of games with your child to encourage social skills, such as taking turns and winning and losing.
- Help your children develop their fine and gross motor skills and core stability (see resource below)
- All website content copyright © Cedars Park Primary School
- Website design byPrimarySite